Dear Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo Patients
We would like to reassure our patients that with the ongoing concerns about COVID-19 (also known as the coronavirus), your safety, health and well-being is our greatest concern. We are very vigilant in our efforts to monitor this unprecedented event and are following the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). We are also in steady communication with the Imperial and Riverside County Health Departments.
Clinicas health centers will remain open to continue to provide you with your health care needs. Because this is an evolving situation, we want to encourage you to seek information from reputable sources. The most accurate updates and information can be found here:
If you are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID-19, please call your primary care provider. We have procedures in place to ensure a safe visit for our patients and employees. Safety precautions we have undertaken include:
- Providing hand sanitizer to all patients at registration
- Providing a mask to patients who report fever, cough or shortness of breath (please call ahead if you are experiencing these symptoms)
- Exercising “social distancing” in our patient waiting areas
- Vendors, visitors, observers, and other non-essential individuals will not be granted access to Clinicas health centers
- Patient caregivers will be allowed in Clinicas health centers
- Clinicas employees practice appropriate hand hygiene and ensuring we have adequate personal protective equipment for our staff
- Our facilities team maintains a robust sanitation routine to ensure our patient and staff areas are clean and follow infection control guidelines
We are truly privileged to serve you and will continue to provide the highest level of quality care and communication around COVID-19.
Thank you for being a Clinicas patient.
Yvonne Bell, President/CEO