Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo, Inc. and its employees are committed to protecting the privacy of your health information.
As a CDSDP patient, you have the right to:
- Request confidential communication of your health information.
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Inspect and receive a copy of your health record.
- Request an amendment to your health record and obtain a listing of who has been given your health information.
- Obtain a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices.
If you believe your privacy rights have been compromised, you may file a complaint with the onsite Clinic Manager or the HIPAA Compliance Director by phone or by completing the HIPAA Complaint Form. The form may be sent to your local clinic or mailed to our HIPAA Compliance Office:
Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo, Inc.
HIPAA Compliance Office
651 Wake Avenue
El Centro, CA 92243
Complaints are typically resolved within 15 days of receipt. The Compliance Director will:
- review the complaint
- address the situation, if necessary
- consult with the proper individuals
- notify proper authorities, if necessary and as mandated by state and federal law
- attempt to come to an appropriate resolution of the complaint
The resolution will depend on the particular facts and circumstances of the complaint. Examples of complaint resolution include:
- Educating the individual about CDSDP Policies and Procedures or Practices
- Implementing changes in CDSDP Policies and Procedures or Practices
- Providing additional training for workforce members on CDSDP Policies and Procedures, the HIPAA Privacy Rule, or other applicable laws or regulations
- Discussing a complaint with the relevant parties and, if necessary, imposing sanctions on individuals who violate CDSDP Policies and Procedures or the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Issuing new workforce communication materials or a revised Privacy Notice regarding CDSDP Policies and Procedures
You will be contacted by the Compliance Director once the complaint is resolved. You can contact the Compliance Director directly if you would like information on the status of the complaint.