Medi-Cal is California’s Medicaid program. It is a public health insurance program, which provides needed health care services for low-income people, such as:
- families with children
- people with disabilities
- children in foster care
- pregnant women
- low-income people with specific diseases, such as tuberculosis, breast cancer, or HIV/AIDS
Certified Enrollment Counselors
Our bilingual Certified Enrollment Counselors will help you navigate Medi-Cal. Our services include:
- Answering questions about Medi-Cal
- Helping you enroll in Medi-Cal
- Answering your questions about Medi-Cal and the Affordable Care Act
- Assisting you with the CMSP or Covered California programs if you don’t qualify for Medi-Cal
- Helping you appeal Medi-Cal denial of coverage
To schedule an appointment, contact one of the CDSDP Health Centers.
Enrolling in Medi-Cal
There is no deadline or enrollment period for Medi-Cal. You can apply at any time during the year. When you are determined eligible for Medi-Cal, your eligibility goes back to the month of your application. In some cases, you may be able to receive Medi-Cal coverage right away.
If you think you are pregnant, you do not have insurance, and your income is under a certain amount, you may be eligible for Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women. Visit the Presumptive Eligibility web page to learn about getting immediate coverage.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Coachella Health Clinic
El Centro Health Clinic
Hemet Medical and Dental Center
Mecca Health Clinic
Niland Health Clinic
West Shores Health Clinic
Winterhaven Health Clinic